Friday, May 9, 2008

here we go

hey fam. i thought it was time for another update... sorry this is kinda turning into a missional house blog... but it's all i can think about right now! :)

so as of today, we officially have 5 people 100% committed to live in the house! can you believe it?! ha... it's crazy to me how quickly this has all come together! we have natalie potts, ricky hampton, angie fabulous (carroccio), heather karsikas, and myself! i believe with all my heart that these are the people that God has called to live in this house. i have absolutely no doubts about this.

this saturday we're all heading back to the house again to turn in our applications, discuss/negotiate prices, and give the house one more walk through with everyone there. we're planning on moving in mid june! i am ridiculously excited about this! it feels like God has given us the keys to a car and now we just have to get in and go!

i'm praying like crazy about all of this... i know that there are probably all kinds of mistakes that we've already made but just aren't aware of yet... and many more to come... but i'm praying that God would be preparing us for all the obstacles we're going to face... that we would be as thoughtful and careful about all of this as humanly possible... that we would be ready to love others and each other the way that God has called us to... that we would be ready to share... to sacrifice... there is still so much planning that needs to happen.. so i'm asking all of you to please please pray! the only way we're going to be able to succeed is if we have God's help... people coming around us... praying for us...

i thank God for what He's doing right now... He's SO GOOD!!!

ummm... one more thing... if you think of it... pray for my momma... she's very sick right now and in a lot of pain... she can barely walk... i haven't ever seen her this sick before. so please pray that God would heal her. We know He can do it!

thank you fam!

9 comments:

angie fabulous said...

i was just about to mosey over here and tell you that you need to update your blog, and bam! a flippin' fabulous post appears!

i am so pumped about this house. words can't describe. after i dropped you off last night i just went crazy in my car for a little bit because heather gave us her 100%.

this is going to be aaaaaaaaaaaaamazing!

:)

ps. i hope your momma gets better soon. i'm praying.

MK said...

Hi D...this is so cool. It'll be fun to follow along in this process. The whole time I've been praying about you starting this I've gotten the picture of HEP and how successful that has been since you started it...and still going strong...God uses you D! I love you and prayin' my heart out for that mother of yours! shasha

Jen said...

i'm super excited to see where this goes Danny!!
where is the house?
praying for your mom...I feel so bad for her.

Danny said...

angie-
ha... thought you might like this post! tomorrow is going to be awesome!!! thanks for praying!

shasha-
yes! I'm so excited about this! i can't wait to sit down with the small group and talk more in depth about everything! thanks for praying!

jen-
:)
me too!
the house is on thomas and hamline!
thanks for your prayers!

Sarah said...

Wow! Danny, you're a special guy, and God is going to do special things through you. I'm so excited, for you and for the vision you have. wow wow wow!

Danny said...

sarah-
:)
thanks for the excitement friend!!! i can't wait to see what happens next!
hey... really random... but is there anything i can pray for you about?
just felt like i needed to ask that.

Sarah said...

Danny, I think God is talking to you. There's a lot going on right now, both inside and out. These next two weeks are going to be really stressful at work and I'm not looking forward to that. Inside...well, I'm growing, and that's not always easy. That's pretty much why I'm not blogging right now...because I don't really have words for what's going on inside of me. And because what I could say has a lot to do with my family and they read my blog and i don't want to hurt them.

So...pray for the next couple weeks, that I'd be able to rest well. And pray that I'd learn what God wants me to learn. Thanks for asking

Danny said...

sarah-
i will be praying for you my friend.
:)

Marsyl said...

Danny, praying for all of it - and all of you. good stuff.
relieved your mom is doing better