Tuesday, March 23, 2010

clear

so did i tell you that i slapped together a cd? i made it on a macbook, but the sound quality actually turned out alright :)

clear is a bunch of songs i wrote to the lord.

here are some of the lyrics...

*clear*
this life so far is beating me down & i can't see anything but the ground i'm walking on.
this life so far is more than i can bare & i can't feel anything but the air i'm breathing in.
and where's the strength that jesus said i'd have?
and where's the saint that jesus says i am?

i can't see things very clear, i need your eyes, i needs your ears to hear.
oh god i need your heart & it's clear to me now.

when things are looking, looking oh so bad, i'm supposed to put on a happy face & pretend that i'm glad, but i'm not glad.
and where's the joy that jesus said i'd have?
and where's the saint that jesus says i am?

*shield*
oh lord, how many are my foes? how many rise up against me? many are saying of me that god will not deliver him.

but you are a shield all around me.
you are a shield all around me.
you are a shield all around me.
you are a shield all around me.

i lay down my head and sleep. i wake because the lord sustains me.
& i won't fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side.
arise oh lord, arise.

the lord is my strength & he lifts up my head.
to the lord i cry aloud & he answers me from his holy hill.

i won't fear cause you are with me lord.

1 comment:

terri said...

too bad there's no way to hear the music.