Monday, April 14, 2008

a letter to pilar

so i just wrote to my friend pilar and i thought i'd post part of it here to give y'all some more insight on what's going through my mind...

"this changes everything...

ok... so it's officially late... like 2:40am late... and i should go to bed... but i'm totally buzzing with excitement and anticipation right now!!!


pilar... i'm feeling God speak to me so clearly right now... it's unreal...

this ministry/missional house idea... i'm gonna do it.. i have to... ha... God has made it so clear to me! and i'm just feeling so overwhelmed with different emotions... mostly good ones! ha... ok... so where to start?


ok, well this whole past week has been probably one of the most eye-opening/influential weeks of my life. the conference was incredible... i don't know... i feel like God breathed new life in me while i was in chicago... like all of a sudden i woke up from a deep sleep or something... i think the parts of the weekend that hit me the hardest was THE WHOLE FIRST DAY! ha... all the speakers impacted me in a huge way... but i think shane did it for me... especially since i've been reading his first book, the irresistible revolution... it goes into depth about his life and how he got into ministry... and it talks a lot about the community he lives in with the simple way... and then to hear him speak at bethel and in chicago... i don't know... it just helped me to connect even more with that ministry... living in intentional community and becoming invested in your neghborhood... searching for opportunities to get involved helping the poor, sick and desperate people that are just around the corner...

and then when trevor shared everything thursday night... that was a really powerful night too... like i felt something happen in our group that night... specifically our house group...

tonight at resonate... as seth was covering everything that we experienced in chicago, i was becoming very emotional... especially towards the end when we played the shane claiborne video... i just began to weep and continued to do so all through worship...
and then i went over to joey's to watch american idol and it was idol gives back week! ha... so there was a 2 1/2 hour special where tons of celebrities rally together and raise/donate money towards all kinds of different causes... aids, malaria, education, katrina, poverty, etc... and so of course through the whole show my brother and i sat down in his basement sobbing like a couple of saps... ha...


PILAR!!! i can literally feel God giving me his heart for the poor and broken people in the world! and it feels incredible!"

16 comments:

Dean said...

You are on fire, my friend! It's amazing to watch.

Danny said...

dean-
(:

dave said...

Sounds to me like a fresh anointing of the Spirit.

Soak it in man . . . :)

Danny said...

poppa-
consider me a sponge.

christianne said...

danny . . . you are awesome. God made your heart so big and with a great capacity to be moved. it's amazing.

dude, you are on a trip right now! it's so cool to watch.

Danny said...

chrissy-
grab some popcorn and get comfy! this is sure to be entertaining! (:
I LOVE YOU SISSY!!!

terri said...

so this is probably going to change all of our lives. God can be annoying that way. ;)

seriously, my head is spinning with possibilities. i'm going to have to head off to pacem again just to be sure i'm hearing him correctly. i feel like he's preparing us for this giant tipping upside-down of everything familiar and safe. that's exciting but scary too. i confess that i don't know if i'm up to it. luckily, those are the situations when God usually proves he's real.

Danny said...

momma-
yeah... there is an element of the unknown... which makes it kinda freaky... and exciting... i'm not sure which one outweighs the other... but yes... this is sure to change many lives hopefully...
love you and your heart momma!

angie fabulous said...

dude.

how come you don't write me letters?
:)

jk. good stuff danny! i want you to know that when seth talked about that house last night, i immediately thought you'd be involved. there was no question in my mind.

Danny said...

afab-
ha... i'd totally write you letters! pilar actually texted me late last night and asked me if i was ok cause it seemed like something was on my mind at reso... and there was... ha... so i didn't want to text it all to her... and it was a little late for a phone conversation... so i just decided to write her a little myspace message... (:
YOU should be involved too angie! ha... could you imagine living with me in a ministry house?! i guess that would make it a dream house, yeah? ha...
we need to get together and talk yo...
love you!

Sarah said...

danny...wow. it's like you're breathing fire in these words. i see you basking in His glow and it's a glorious thing.

Danny said...

sarah-
breathing fire... i guess that would make me a spiritual dragon of sorts... cooool...
thanks for sharing in this with me! (:

Sarah said...

you're welcome...anytime ;)

kirsten said...

danny, this is amazing & though i don't know you well, does not surprise me at all.

i have shane's book [in the oft-mentioned & ever-growing pile of bookness in my windowsill].

what an amazing gift - to hear him speak so clearly, to be aflame with a heavenly fire.

blessings, dear bro!!

Danny said...

ksissy-
you know me well enough! (:
yes... it is a gift! you are so right on that! God has definitely awakened something in my spirit!
how are you sissy? i miss you!!!

Marsyl said...

Well, Danny boy, I am really, really excited to see what God does with all this. I want to see the incredible work of art that God is creating right now with all these different colors and media, using His creativity, pouring through you, as a powerful weapon against the enemy, and against complacency. I feel like jumping up and doing a jig!!